Digital Communication Network invites you to an open online discussion about Media and Information Literacy and issues of trust. All around the world, Media and Information Literacy is a central policy issue that addresses challenges in the communication field. This year experts from around the world emphasize issues of trust and MIL.
We discuss the present situation and initiatives of MIL across the world. Our well-known speakers from all over the world will discuss and present MIL activities and policies on different continents. They will share their expertise and their ideas brining into the forefront innovative practices around the world. Participants are also encouraged to share their experiences during the discussion.
- Sherri Hope Culver, Director of the Center for Media and Information Literacy at Temple University, Former Vice Chair of the ISC of UNESCO MIL alliance, U.S.
- Alexandre Le Voci Sayad, CEO of ZeitGeist (Education, Culture and Media), Brazil
- Drissia Chouit, Professor of Comparative Linguistics, Communication and Media Studies at Moulay Ismail University of Meknes, Co-Chair of the ISC of UNESCO MIL alliance, Morocco
- Talant Sultanov, Co-Founder and Board Member, Internet Society-Kyrgyz Chapter, Kyrgyzstan
- Wallace Gichunge, Founder and Executive Director, Centre for Media and Information Literacy & Curator, Africa Media Literacy Council (AMLC), Kenya
Moderator Nikos Panagiotou, President, DCN Global
Register here and join the discussion!