Join us for a virtual event, as we unravel the intricate ties between disinformation and its far-reaching effects on climate change. This exclusive webinar, organized in the context of the "Information Integrity in the Digital Age" Forum, the DCN Global inaugural event in East Asia and the Pacific, promises to be an enlightening exploration of one of today's most pressing challenges.
About the Webinar:
As the world converges on the September 2023 ASEAN Summit on Sustainable Development, the Digital Communication Network Global is pleased to present an essential webinar that sheds light on the powerful influence of disinformation on the discourse surrounding climate change. This event is more than just a dialogue – it's an opportunity to delve into the complex interplay between information, perception, and action.
The webinar’s goals are:
- Educate and raise awareness among the ASEAN countries about the adverse effects of disinformation on climate change.
- Offer a platform for experts to exchange their experiences, knowledge, and best practices for countering climate change disinformation.
- Explore the potential of new digital communication technologies and AI in addressing disinformation concerning climate change.
- Investigate the impact of disinformation on public health and the crucial role of education and culture in mitigating false claims and distortions.
- Joo-Cheong Tham, Professor at Melbourne Law School, Australia
- Purple Chrystyl Romero, Teaching Assistant at HKU Journalism and Media Studies Centre, Fact-Checking Journalist, Philippines
- Luke Bacon, Associate Director for Research, Learning and Impact, Purpose Asia-Pacific
- Nikos Panagiotou, President of DCN Global
You can register here and join the discussion!